Higher Diploma in Civil & Building Engineering
There are many persons/Students in Uganda who hold diplomas and wish to upgrade their technical knowledge to the level of the Higher Diploma in Civil and Building Engineering. This number has been increasing over the years due to the fact that formerly Uganda Polytechnic Kyambogo was taking on a limited number of applicants, but now many Government and private institutions are producing a number over 60% of diploma candidates graduate every single academic year. Under this programme, it is proposed to increase the intake. In addition, the curriculum has been stagnant over the years, not meeting the present advancements in Technology. This programme intends to fill this gap and produce technologists that are up to date with modern practice and technology.
Kyambogo University has offered this opportunity and there is great need to utilise it to enhance Uganda’s modernisation.
The targeted group are holders of the Diploma in:
- Civil and Building Engineering;
- Water Engineering;
The objectives of the programme are to:
- produce engineering technologists who are well equipped in theoretical and practical technical skills to manage the construction industry;
- train people who will be able to advance in higher education, research and development;
- train personnel to work in government and private institutions;
- train personnel who will conserve the environment and maintain public health.